Wild Water Kingdom Set to Re-Open in Brampton
If you enjoyed whiling away your summers at Brampton's Wild Water Kingdom, you might be pleased to hear that the park should be re-opening sooner rather than later.
According to this city council document, Steve Mayer, the general manager at Wild Water Kingdom, will appear at council to make an announcement regarding the park.
The 100 acre park, which shut down in 2014, was acquired by U.S.-based amusement park operators Premier Parks earlier this year.
Premier Parks operates 12 theme and water parks, including Wet 'n' Wild waterparks in Hawaii, Palm Springs, Phoenix and Houston.
"Premier Parks is excited about the opportunity to completely rebuild Wild Water Kingdom into a first class water park that Canadians can be proud to call their own," said Kieran Burke, CEO of Premier Parks, in a news release back in July. "Design teams have been hard at work and we look forward to announcing our specific plans for the park in the very near future."
Stay tuned for more info!
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton
- Five Major Slides On Tap At Brampton's New Water Park
- Canada's Wonderland Outranks Disneyland On List Of 50 North American Amusement Parks
- Huge Discounts Available for Canadians at Disney Theme Parks
- A Ton of Cool Slides Are Coming to Wet’N’Wild in Brampton
- Provincial parks and conservation reserves to reopen soon for limited access