Wild Water Kingdom Set to Re-Open in Brampton
If you enjoyed whiling away your summers at Brampton's Wild Water Kingdom, you might be pleased to hear that the park should be re-opening sooner rather than later.
According to this city council document, Steve Mayer, the general manager at Wild Water Kingdom, will appear at council to make an announcement regarding the park.
The 100 acre park, which shut down in 2014, was acquired by U.S.-based amusement park operators Premier Parks earlier this year.
Premier Parks operates 12 theme and water parks, including Wet 'n' Wild waterparks in Hawaii, Palm Springs, Phoenix and Houston.
"Premier Parks is excited about the opportunity to completely rebuild Wild Water Kingdom into a first class water park that Canadians can be proud to call their own," said Kieran Burke, CEO of Premier Parks, in a news release back in July. "Design teams have been hard at work and we look forward to announcing our specific plans for the park in the very near future."
Stay tuned for more info!
- Brampton family seeking help after two boys slain in their home
- Don Cherry appears on Fox News to speak out against his firing
- Brampton just beat a 33-year-old record for lowest temperature
- SIU investigating after police attend disturbance call in Brampton
- Holiday celebrations to cause road closures in Brampton this weekend
- Five Major Slides On Tap At Brampton's New Water Park
- Canada's Wonderland Outranks Disneyland On List Of 50 North American Amusement Parks
- Huge Discounts Available for Canadians at Disney Theme Parks
- A Ton of Cool Slides Are Coming to Wet’N’Wild in Brampton
- PHOTOS: A Look At Brampton's Four New Parks, Including One Recognizing A Foreign Country