Wild Water Kingdom Set to Re-Open in Brampton
If you enjoyed whiling away your summers at Brampton's Wild Water Kingdom, you might be pleased to hear that the park should be re-opening sooner rather than later.
According to this city council document, Steve Mayer, the general manager at Wild Water Kingdom, will appear at council to make an announcement regarding the park.
The 100 acre park, which shut down in 2014, was acquired by U.S.-based amusement park operators Premier Parks earlier this year.
Premier Parks operates 12 theme and water parks, including Wet 'n' Wild waterparks in Hawaii, Palm Springs, Phoenix and Houston.
"Premier Parks is excited about the opportunity to completely rebuild Wild Water Kingdom into a first class water park that Canadians can be proud to call their own," said Kieran Burke, CEO of Premier Parks, in a news release back in July. "Design teams have been hard at work and we look forward to announcing our specific plans for the park in the very near future."
Stay tuned for more info!
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- Peel Police 'Can't Believe' They Have to Tell Brampton Residents Not to Car Surf
- Brampton Woman Arrested After Crashing Pick Up Truck into Tree
- Ice Cream Sandwiches and Other Food Products Being Recalled
- Five Major Slides On Tap At Brampton's New Water Park
- Canada's Wonderland Outranks Disneyland On List Of 50 North American Amusement Parks
- Huge Discounts Available for Canadians at Disney Theme Parks
- A Ton of Cool Slides Are Coming to Wet’N’Wild in Brampton
- PHOTOS: A Look At Brampton's Four New Parks, Including One Recognizing A Foreign Country