Will the Canada Post Strike be Resolved Soon?
The Canada Post strike may soon be resolved.
Canada Post recently proposed a time-limited offer to the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) in order to resolve negotiations and to return to regular operations in time for the holidays.
The offer improves pay increases by 2 per cent per year for all employees, in addition to the measure of signing a bonus of up to $1,000.
This would all be on top of the approximate 25 per cent pay increase from the recently announced pay equity ruling.
The offer also addresses many of CUPW’s concerns which involve health, safety, and workloads.
As a result of the upcoming holiday season and the urgency created by the backlogs, this offer is only available for a limited time. The offer will be open for acceptance until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018.
To stay informed, customers can go to canadapost.ca/update or follow Canada Post on twitter @canadapostcorp.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death