Winter weather to impact morning commute in Brampton
A winter weather travel advisory is in effect overnight leading into Tuesday morning.
“A band of snow will move through Southern Ontario beginning near midnight,” Environment Canada reports.
“Snow will continue overnight with total amounts of 4 to 8 cm expected by early Tuesday morning. Brief freezing rain is possible overnight.”
Residents should expect their Tuesday morning commute to be affected, as the accumulating snow and low visibility may lead to poor driving conditions. Motorists are advised to allow extra time to reach their destination.
The snow is expected to transition to rain or drizzle Tuesday morning as a warm front moves through and temperatures rise above the zero degree mark.
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Vehicle rolls over on Brampton intersection
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Stormwater charges on this month's water bills now in effect for Brampton residents
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance