Witnesses Sought After Brampton Woman Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run
Witnesses are being asked to come forward after a Brampton hit and run sent a woman to a trauma centre.
The pedestrian, a 45-year-old Brampton woman, was crossing Steeles Ave. at Bramalea Rd. on April 2 at 10 p.m. she was struck by a vehicle.
The vehicle didn’t stop and fled the scene, say Peel police.
The victim, identified by police as Linda Prakash, was treated by paramedics before she was transported to a Toronto trauma centre where she remains in serious condition.
Investigators are looking for a black Mazda or Honda four-door sedan.
The vehicle will have damage to the passenger side and mirror, say police.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or who has information regarding the actions of the pedestrian and /or driver prior to the collision is asked to contact investigators with the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Hit and Run in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses Following Hit and Run in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Struck and Killed by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Witnesses Sought After Brampton Crash Injures Two