Woman Charged With Impaired Driving After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
A woman is facing impaired driving-related charges in connection with a pedestrian fatality in Brampton.
Peel police say that on Thursday, August 30, 2018 at approximately 10:50 p.m., a 22 year-old Brampton man was crossing Queen Street at Goreway Drive when he was struck by a vehicle.
The victim succumbed to his injuries.
Police say the driver remained on scene.
Police say that 33-year-old Brampton woman Crystal Ottley was arrested and charged with excess blood alcohol causing death.
The accused was released on a promise to appear with an upcoming court date in mid-September 2018.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have video footage of the incident , or who may have information regarding the actions of the driver or pedestrian prior to the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Police Investigating After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Struck and Killed by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Brampton Man Charged in Fatal Hit and Run Collision
- Brampton Woman Arrested for Impaired Driving Causing Two Accidents