Woman Hospitalized After Cycling Incident in Brampton
Police are on scene for an accident this evening in Brampton.
Around 8:35 p.m., PRP reported that a female victim had become injured after a cycling incident in Chinguacousy Park. The victim has been taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
We’ll update with any further information.
UPDATE: The victim is a 17-year-old girl who was riding down a hill at Chinguacousy Park with a few other people when she lost control of her bike and hit her head violently on the ground.
She was immediately rushed to a trauma centre in Toronto, where she is currently in life-threatening condition. The victim’s family has been notified.
Police, paramedics and Brampton Fire Department will remain on scene. Cst. Fischer of Peel Regional Police put out an official video statement, calling the incident tragic and reminding the public that cyclists should always use proper safety equipment, even when off the road.
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Unconscious male located in Brampton pronounced deceased
- Why anyone who deferred mortgage payments should check their credit score
- Paramedics Treating Female Victim in Brampton Residential Fire
- Male Victim Dies Following Shooting Incident in Brampton
- Victim taken to trauma centre after stabbing in Brampton
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal Hit and Run Incident in Brampton
- Police and Paramedics on Scene for Pedestrian Struck in Brampton