Woman Hospitalized After Cycling Incident in Brampton
Police are on scene for an accident this evening in Brampton.
Around 8:35 p.m., PRP reported that a female victim had become injured after a cycling incident in Chinguacousy Park. The victim has been taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
We’ll update with any further information.
UPDATE: The victim is a 17-year-old girl who was riding down a hill at Chinguacousy Park with a few other people when she lost control of her bike and hit her head violently on the ground.
She was immediately rushed to a trauma centre in Toronto, where she is currently in life-threatening condition. The victim’s family has been notified.
Police, paramedics and Brampton Fire Department will remain on scene. Cst. Fischer of Peel Regional Police put out an official video statement, calling the incident tragic and reminding the public that cyclists should always use proper safety equipment, even when off the road.
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Wearing masks could soon be mandatory in Brampton amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
- Newly-released data indicates that Brampton is a hotspot for COVID-19
- MAYORS COVID-19 UPDATE: Patrick Brown give an update on the COVID-19 situation in Brampton - May 29, 2020
- Paramedics Treating Female Victim in Brampton Residential Fire
- Male Victim Dies Following Shooting Incident in Brampton
- Victim taken to trauma centre after stabbing in Brampton
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal Hit and Run Incident in Brampton
- Victim Rushed to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton