Woman hospitalized following house fire in Brampton
A house fire has sent one person to the hospital this morning.
At 9:12 a.m., Brampton Fire said they were responding to a fire at a residence on Avondale Boulevard near Balmoral Drive.
Police report that the second-alarm fire is now under control.
The cause of the fire has not been disclosed at this time.
An adult female has been taken to hospital in serious but stable condition.
Avondale is closed until further notice. Residents are asked to take alternate routes.
Photo courtesy of Brampton Fire & Emergency Services
- Additional charges laid in fatal Brampton collision that killed mother and three children
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Brampton in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Brampton's mandatory face-covering bylaw to be extended until 2021
- Brampton Fire Department Responding To First Alarm Fire At Apartment Building
- Brampton Fire And Emergency Services Responding To Large Rubbish Fire
- Brampton Fire Department Responding To House Fire
- Male Taken to Hospital Following House Fire in Brampton
- Brampton Fire And Emergency Services Responding To Fire At Factory