Woman Killed in Hit-and-Run Near Brampton Border
A 61-year-old Mississauga woman is dead following a hit-and-run close to the Brampton border and Peel police are looking for tips and a small white car.
The incident took place on Feb. 15 at 8:40 p.m.
That’s when the victim was crossing Mavis Rd. near Knotty Pine Grove.
She was struck by a southbound vehicle while crossing into the southbound lane of Mavis, say police.
The vehicle didn’t remain at the scene.
Her identity is being withheld until her family is notified.
Witnesses identified the suspect vehicle as a small white compact car.
There will be damage to the front windshield, say police.
Investigators are asking the public to be alert for a small white vehicle in their neighbourhood with fresh windshield damage.
Witnesses who may have witnessed the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident or who may have information regarding the actions of the pedestrian and /or driver prior to the collision are being asked to contact police.
Investigators are appealing to the driver to turn him or herself in.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word ‘PEEL’ and then your tip.
- Popular ISP Launches New Cheap TV Service Across Ontario
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- PHOTOS: A Slew Of Luxurious Townhomes Are Under Construction In Brampton
- Peel Police 'Can't Believe' They Have to Tell Brampton Residents Not to Car Surf
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses Following Hit and Run in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Hit and Run in Brampton
- Witnesses Sought After Brampton Woman Seriously Injured in Hit-and-Run
- Brampton Woman Struck and Killed by Vehicle in Mississauga