Woman Pronounced Dead Following Domestic Violence Case In Brampton
Peel Police are currently investigating the twentieth homicide of 2019.
On September 16 at 4:34 p.m., officers attended a residence on Checkerberry Crescent in Brampton in regards to a woman suffering from life threatening injuries. Upon arrival, a 58-year-old woman was located suffering from blunt force trauma. Paramedics transported her to a Toronto Trauma Centre.
The victim's husband, a 64-year-old man, was located inside the residence and arrested for attempted murder.
The woman succumbed to her injuries in hospital and was pronounced deceased at approximately 8:29 a.m today (Sept. 18).
The Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau have taken over this case and will be upgrading the charges.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, extension 3205 or Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by vehicle in Brampton
- Multiple coyotes have been spotted in Brampton
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Brampton
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Temperatures dropping to almost -30 in Brampton