Woman's suspicious death in Brampton now deemed a homicide
Investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau have taken carriage of a suspicious death investigation that occurred in Brampton.
On Thursday, August 13, 2020, emergency services received a call in regards to a woman that was located with obvious signs of trauma within the garage of a residence.
The woman was transported to a local hospital in life-threatening condition, where she later died as a result of the injuries she sustained.
Investigation has revealed that the victim, a 56-year-old woman from Brampton, had an apparent gunshot wound which resulted in the trauma that she was located with.
Homicide investigators, with the assistance of divisional officers, have obtained surveillance footage from the area and have identified two suspects and a black sedan that are of interest.
Anyone with information or surveillance and/or dashcam videos from the area, that cover the hours of 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on August 13, 2020, are asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- Additional charges laid in fatal Brampton collision that killed mother and three children
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- Brampton's mandatory face-covering bylaw to be extended until 2021