Yard Waste Collection Coming Back to Brampton
You know spring is near when these two words make it back into your lexicon: yard waste.
The Region of Peel recently reminded Brampton and Mississauga residents that yard waste collection starts on Monday, March 13.
Residents are encouraged to click here and use When Does It Go to check their waste management calendar or download their schedule.
It's important to note that residents in the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Asian Long-Horned Beetle quarantined area of Malton cannot move any yard waste, nursery stock, trees, logs, lumber, wood, wood chips and bark chips out of the restricted area.
Yard waste in this area will be collected from the curbside on regularly scheduled collection days, but cannot be accepted for drop-off at any of the Region's Community Recycling Centres.
Yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on a resident's collection day. It should be placed in acceptable bins, containers and/or bags.
According to the region, A bin/container used for yard waste collection must be:
- clearly labelled “yard waste”
- rigid and reusable with handles that are attached or molded to the exterior,
- smaller than 60 cm (24 in.) wide and 95 cm (38 in.) high, and,
- weigh less than 20 kg (44 lbs.), when full.
A Kraft brown paper bag used for yard waste collection must:
- support a maximum weigh of 20 kg (44 lbs.) when lifted, without tearing,
- securely close when full, and,
- be smaller than 66 cm (26 in.) wide and 90 cm (35 in.) high.
Residents can use their old garbage container or blue/grey box to set out yard waste for collection. All repurposed containers must be in good condition and clearly labelled “yard waste” to be collected.
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to individual in crisis in Brampton