You Can Take Public Transit for Free this New Year's Eve in Brampton
Do you like free things? Well, after 7 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, you’re in luck!
You can leave your car at home or at a GO terminal if you’re going out on New Year’s Eve, because both Brampton Transit and GO Transit are offering free rides for everyone after 7 p.m. on December 31 this year.
Brampton Transit could take you to downtown Brampton for the festivities, or you could hop on a GO bus or train for free to the festivities in almost any other city, the most popular destination likely being Toronto.
And you won’t have to worry about a ride home (unless you need to walk or take a ridesharing service from where the bus drops you off. Beats driving on New Year’s Eve, either way!)
Buses will be running on a Sunday schedule for the evening, with some late night and extended service.
For Brampton Transit in particular, there will be extended service to help you get around on the following routes, according to the City:
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 14, 15, 18, 23, 29, 30, 35, 50, 51, 52, 53, 57, 501 and 502 (Routes 8, 29, 35, 51, 52, 53, and 57 to 1:30 a.m. only)
Typically, a Brampton Transit ride costs $3.75 with cash fare and $2.95 with a PRESTO card, while GO fares can range anywhere from about $8-20 depending on where you’re going. So taking free transit will save you money, too.
The only drawback might be the amount of people using the service that night — buses are bound to get crowded.
Hopefully, this initiative will discourage impaired driving, encourage taking transit, and lessen some of the traffic on the roads that night.
Stay safe, Brampton!
- Free Rides Offered by Brampton Transit on New Year's Eve
- BREAKING: GO Transit Announces that Children Will Ride for Free
- Here's Who Can Ride GO Transit for Free This Weekend
- Major Brampton Transit Terminal Customer Service Set to Reopen Soon
- Here's Big News for Brampton GO Transit Riders on New Year's Eve