Young Brampton Driver Nabbed Going Ridiculous Speed
A Brampton driver has been charged with numerous driving offences after being clocked going an extremely high speed in Caledon.
According to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), the incident occurred on Monday May 21, 2018 at around 10:30 p.m.
Police say an officer observed a vehicle going east on Mayfield Road at Centerville Creek Road, where the driver ran a red light.
A recent police statement reads that the officer turned to stop the driver, who accelerated to a speed over 190 km/h and turned off their lights.
The officer eventually stopped the vehicle in Bolton, reads the statement, where the driver was arrested on scene.
Police have charged Malisha Rahaman, 21, of Brampton, with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight from police, stunt driving, driving while under suspension, and possessing an illegal licence.
Rahaman is scheduled to appear in court on June 21, 2018.
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- LANE CLOSURE: Collision Involving Transit Bus in Brampton Causing Delays
- A Total Lunar Eclipse is Happening in Brampton Soon
- Brampton Man Charged After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Teen Girl
- Brampton Councillor Wants to 'Build a Wall' to Keep Out Cannabis Stores