Young Brampton Driver Nabbed Going Ridiculous Speed
A Brampton driver has been charged with numerous driving offences after being clocked going an extremely high speed in Caledon.
According to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), the incident occurred on Monday May 21, 2018 at around 10:30 p.m.
Police say an officer observed a vehicle going east on Mayfield Road at Centerville Creek Road, where the driver ran a red light.
A recent police statement reads that the officer turned to stop the driver, who accelerated to a speed over 190 km/h and turned off their lights.
The officer eventually stopped the vehicle in Bolton, reads the statement, where the driver was arrested on scene.
Police have charged Malisha Rahaman, 21, of Brampton, with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight from police, stunt driving, driving while under suspension, and possessing an illegal licence.
Rahaman is scheduled to appear in court on June 21, 2018.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Brampton man celebrating his big lottery win
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- Two arrested for selling fake name brand purses in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.3 Mil House with Amazing Master Bedroom