Young Brampton Driver Nabbed Going Ridiculous Speed
A Brampton driver has been charged with numerous driving offences after being clocked going an extremely high speed in Caledon.
According to the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), the incident occurred on Monday May 21, 2018 at around 10:30 p.m.
Police say an officer observed a vehicle going east on Mayfield Road at Centerville Creek Road, where the driver ran a red light.
A recent police statement reads that the officer turned to stop the driver, who accelerated to a speed over 190 km/h and turned off their lights.
The officer eventually stopped the vehicle in Bolton, reads the statement, where the driver was arrested on scene.
Police have charged Malisha Rahaman, 21, of Brampton, with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight from police, stunt driving, driving while under suspension, and possessing an illegal licence.
Rahaman is scheduled to appear in court on June 21, 2018.
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead
- Arrests made in double stabbing at Brampton apartment
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Onions sold in Brampton recalled due to possible Salmonella
- A Big lottery ticket win sold in Brampton
- Brampton G1 Driver Charged With Stunt Driving
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed Down City Street
- Driver arrested for impaired driving after high-speed collision in Brampton
- Young Driver Caught Driving at Very High Speed in Brampton
- Driver facing penalties for going over twice the speed limit in Brampton