Youth arrested following string of retail robberies in Brampton
With the assistance of 22 Division Uniform Officers, members of the Central Robbery Bureau have identified and arrested a young offender after a string of armed robberies that recently occurred in Brampton.
On Sunday, January 5, 2020, in the early morning hours, four separate retail locations were targeted by the same three suspects who demanded money and brandished a weapon.
In one of the incidents, when confronted by the suspects, an employee sustained minor injuries.
The robbery incidents took place at locations in the area of Bramalea Road, Wexford Road, North Park Drive, and Chinguacousy Road in Brampton.
A young offender has been charged with four counts of Robbery, Wearing a Disguise, Possession of an Imitation Firearm, one count of Weapons Dangerous, two counts of Possession of Stolen Property and one count of Breach of Court Order.
The young person was held for a bail hearing and later attended the Ontario Court of Justice.
Investigators are seeking assistance from the public who have any information in regard to these robberies. If so, they are asked to contact the Peel Regional Police Central Robbery Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3410.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Ottawa sets minimum unemployment rate at 13.1 per cent for EI calculation
- Brampton man arrested in bank robbery investigation
- Two Arrested for String of Armed Robberies in Brampton and Toronto
- Youth arrested in relation to bank robbery in Brampton
- Arrests made for convenience store robberies in Brampton
- Five Teens Arrested After Multiple People Injured in Carjackings in Brampton