Jagmeet Singh is Officially Engaged
He’s been taken for the past month or so, and now, this former bachelor is officially engaged!
It looks like 38-year-old fashionable former Brampton MPP and current federal NDP leader Jagmeet Singh has found his future wife.
Gurkiran Kaur Sidhu is the 27-year-old co-founder of a Punjabi clothing line called Jangiiro. She founded the company with her sister, and she’s from Brampton, too.
In December 2017, Singh and Sidhu celebrated their rokha, which is basically a traditional Punjabi pre-engagement ceremony where parents and close family meet and gifts are exchanged. A rokha also means the pair is officially taken…by one another!
As of Tuesday January 16, 2018, Singh and Sidhu made their engagement official, with a ring and a celebration with close family and friends, as seen on Singh’s Instagram story the night of.
She said yes pic.twitter.com/5n2RSjV6U2— Jagmeet Singh (@theJagmeetSingh) January 17, 2018
And en francais!
Elle a dit oui pic.twitter.com/jDIlTZ0XW5— Jagmeet Singh (@theJagmeetSingh) January 17, 2018
Singh is usually quiet about his personal life, so the fact that he’s in a relationship — and ready to marry Sidhu — is pretty big news.
We wish the happy couple the best, and personally, I can’t wait to see all of their wedding outfits.
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Peel region’s top doctor says Brampton is not ready to reopen due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Allegedly impaired driver involved in collision in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.4 Mil Bungalow With Incredible Bar