Solar Powered Car Charging Station Coming to Brampton
Brampton will be the first municipality in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to get one of these!
We know Brampton is pioneering quite a few environmental initiatives - like making the city more bike-friendly - and now, the city will be unveiling a state-of-the-art solar-powered electric car charging station.
The station will be unveiled on Tuesday, July 25, at the Brampton Soccer Centre at 2 p.m.
While the city already has 26 electric car charging stations, these solar-powered units are happening thanks to a $90,000 grant received from the province's Electric Vehicle Chargers Ontario program.
Up to four cars can be charged at once at one of these united, with minimal carbon footprint.
A Feed-in Tariff program also applies, which is a program run by the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO), which manages Ontario’s power system. The FIT program was created by the IESO to promote renewable energy generation in Ontario.
Cover photo courtesy of The City of Brampton
- Brampton Unveils First Solar-Powered Car Charging Stations in GTHA
- More Electric Car Charging Stations Set to be Unveiled in Brampton Next Week
- Did You Know About Brampton's Electric Car Charging Stations?
- Electric Car Charging Stations Coming to Trans-Canada Highway
- Canada's Largest Solar Carport to be Installed in Brampton